Also known as “Tulsi” or “The incomparable one,” holy basil is one of the most sacred plants in India, and nowadays, it is gaining popularity as one of the most effective medicinal plant as well. Holy basil was once worshipped in Asian countries as goddess; in fact, even today there are many parts of the continent where there is one holy basil plant in every house. People use it to deal with day to day infections, but today we will tell you a more crucial medicinal role of holy basil. Holy basil can be used to treat herpes. Herpes is the biggest challenge our society is facing and the allopathic science cannot give use anything more than those antiviral drugs which cannot reach the virus. But some recent experiments with holy basil have shown a ray of hope in this medicinal plant. If you too want to cure oral or genital herpes naturally, you must try holy basil. But before that, you must be aware of how to use holy basil to gain maximum benefits. Many times it is seen that people use holy basil in a wrong way and conclude that it is not working as effectively as they wanted it to. So, today we will try to see every aspect of using holy basil for herpes and we will explore the medicinal properties of this herb which make it the perfect cure for herpes.
Holy basil is a native to tropical Asia, is now found in most tropical parts of the world. It has only recently gained popularity in the United States although it has been grown in India for more than 3,000 years. People here worship it and use it as a medicinal plant. Using it in minor infections leading to cough and cold was alright, but if we are claiming that holy basil can cure herpes, there must be some strong argument to support our claim. On every other web site, you will read that holy basil cures herpes, but no one is going to tell you how. Here you will get all the information about holy basil and herpes. We will tell you what is making holy basil famous among herpes patients, the reasons behind the effectiveness of holy basil in herpes and also the method with which you can fight with herpes.
BENEFITS OF USING HOLY BASIL IN HERPES
In the Ayurvedic system of medicine, tulsi is often referred to as an “Elixir of Life” for its healing powers and has been known to treat many different common health conditions. But herpes is a bit uncommon, right? No, the rate at which herpes simplex virus is spreading is alarming and this infection has become one of the most common sexually transmitted infection in no time. This requires an urgent solution so that we can control the transmission of the virus from one body to another. The only solution you also might have been using till date is antiviral drugs. But you are here and the entire herpes affected population is in search of the right and healthy solution to herpes because antiviral drugs have flaws more than our body can accept. We will talk about antiviral drugs and why one should never ever use them for herpes in the coming sections, but before that, let us see all the ways holy basil can be beneficial in herpes.
- Holy basil is a powerful antioxidant with demonstrated antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. All these are required for controlling the propagation of infection to another body or to other parts of the same body. The anti inflammatory property has a great role to play in decreasing the pain and unease in the cold sores. Also, some recent studies have clearly indicated that holy basil also has some anti viral properties and since herpes is caused due to a viral infection, the chances of getting rid of herpes with holy basil are quite high. Holy basil and herpes are hence enemies of each other because of the anti viral properties present in the herb. With these findings, holy basil automatically becomes the perfect cure for herpes, and now it is all up to you. The better you utilize it, the faster you are going to get desired results.
- Thousands of studies have been published in leading research journals on the efficacy and safety of holy basil as a medicinal herb. The most compelling data, however, suggests that holy basil possesses its greatest potential in the areas of stress relief and relaxation. This aspect of herpes is often neglected by doctors. But those who undergo the initial phase of herpes know very well how much difficult it is to cope up with the stress and anxiety. Actually, accepting herpes as just an infection is still not possible for most of the herpes patient and adding to it the fear of rejection from society makes the life of herpes sufferer’s hell. And we have heavy drugs and antiviral medicines to deal with or to suppress the physical symptoms of herpes, but the mental state we are in has no solution. Thankfully, if you use holy basil for herpes, you are going to get relief in not only physical symptoms, but also the mental distractions created by infection.
- Apart from addressing the physical problems as well as mental issues that comes automatically with the infection, holy basil also improves immunity. The immune modulating properties of this herb contribute to a herpes free life. In addition to all the other health benefits, raising immunity is also one benefit of using holy basil for herpes regularly. But for this, you need to work on other factors like your lifestyle too. And a high immunity is a result on using holy basil regularly for a long time. So, it is not easy to achieve a stronger immune system, but once you are able to get one, you won’t need any medicines for herpes as well as for all other infections.
Tulsi has been the subject of numerous scientific studies and its pharmacological and wide range of therapeutic applications are the subject of more than one hundred publications during the last decade alone. These are more than enough to make it reliable and we can trust this herb for safety as well. With all these benefits, we now know that holy basil for herpes is surely something every herpes patient needs today. So, let us see how we can use holy basil in herpes and live a herpes free life.
HOW TO USE HOLY BASIL IN HERPES
Holy basil has been used since ages and there are a huge number of methods in which people use it for different problems. But, since it is about treating herpes, one should make sure that he or she uses the best and perfect method of using holy basil for herpes treatment. Here are a few ways in which we can gain benefit from the wonderful herb.
- You can simply drink a tea prepared from the leaves of basil or dried powder of basil. Although basil leaves are available in fresh form in most of the places, but if you don’t have access to a plant of basil, you can simply buy dried leaves of basil or power of basil leaves. To prepare basil leaves tea, add 8 to 10 leaves of basil to boiling water and once the volume of water is reduced to half, strain and let it cool. Once the tea is appropriately cool, you can drink it. In case of dried leaves, you can use half teaspoon of the leaves or powder and boil it in two cups of water. Drinking this tea is extremely useful as it not only cures herpes by raising immunity, but also gives you relief in other symptoms of herpes outbreaks. You can drink the tea of holy basil for herpes treatment twice every day.
- Alternatively, you can also apply the paste of basil leaves on the skin affected by cold sores. Using holy basil in herpes topically gives you instant relief in itching and pain in the sores. It also helps to make the sores dry out fast. And since holy basil is great for skin, you can use it without worrying about the side effects. To make a paste of holy basil for herpes treatment, you will need some fresh leaves of holy basil. Crush these leaves to make a paste and add some water if needed. Apply this paste on the cold sores directly to get fast relief.
Now you have a wonderful cure for herpes. Holy basil and herpes cannot exist at one place, so the only way to get rid of herpes is to use holy basil in every possible manner. And we are glad to introduce you to a cure that is free from all the side effects. Antiviral drugs that people infected with herpes eat like food are not at all a complete and healthy alternative to cure herpes. They have a number of temporary and permanent side effects. At the same time, they are not only unnecessary burden to our pocket, but are also a threat to our future health. So, it is better you go on with a health, holistic and easy way to cure herpes. Holy basil for herpes cure is probably the best thing that has happened to the herpes patients all around the world. Millions of herpes patients are managing the symptoms of herpes with holy basil. You too can use this magical herb and using holy basil for herpes is never going to disappoint you.